Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Confidence in you, Is confidence in me, Is confidence in High Speed

The title is a little bit of a throwback to Coldplay's 2000 album Parachutes, but it bests describes my life right now.

I don't know exactly what to write about this time around because life seems to move too fast for me to keep up a blog with anything that I'm doing. This week we are scheduling classes. Already this week I helped with the Globe, WPPJ, USG (dear me BUDGET MEETINGS), and I still have 2 days of school, 3 of the general week, and SATURDAY is Halloween. (Please pretend it's Tuesday, for my sanity...)

My friend sitting next to me suggested spontaneity as a topic. I ask people for topics, but rarely know where to go with that. Same here, but I felt the topic on a personal level.

I'm not spontaneous.

Spontaneity is something widely considered a positive quality, but try as I might, it's something I could never do. Perhaps it's the late hour but lest I have these mixed up, there is a difference between impulse and spontaneity. I will act on impulse, but sparingly. I understand I overthink everything and while sometimes I miss out on things, I've been doing better at streamlining the process. That's how USG happened, and the Assistant News Editor position happened - an impulse.

That all being said, I deliberate everything like crazy.

My mind is soup. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment