Saturday, May 26, 2012

Becoming Attached to Being Detached

So I spent this weekend (or at least the part that went from Thursday until Saturday) up at my grandparents' camp. They have this neat little trailer in a campground {it's called a CAMPING RESORT} off of I-80 where on occasion I will make my way to spend a weekend.

The cool part about camp is that it has all of the comforts of a home and the welcomed inconveniences of a camp... Let me explain that.

You see, because it is a trailer and not in a tent that could collapse due to your poor plan, and therefore not scout camping (Did I mention off of I-80... not exactly out of civilization either) it isn't exactly "camping" per sey. However, you spend 90% of your day outside either chilling around a fire (CAMPS!) or on a golf cart (preferred method of transportation), so is somewhere in the middle...

The inconveniences are quite minute. You don't have internet connection, or care too much about getting back to phone calls/texts (unless it is something important). The loss of internet is actually a tad welcome. I don't need to answer emails or worry about keeping up-to-date with a friend at school or whatever.

It is kind of addicting... just relaxing being care-free. You certainly aren't home, but sometimes it feels like one.

Sorry for the brevity of this post... With finals coming up and all, it is getting crazy here. I may post again before the weekend is out...

No comments:

Post a Comment